My blue nav

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Love My blue nav

Post by bluenavara on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:32 am

Here are some recent pics (yesterday, actaully), with the new projector headlights.

Last edited by bluenavara on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Love Re: My blue nav

Post by bluenavara on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 am

And here some details (bottom to top): The outside air intake for the Apollo II intake (sealed from the enginebay on the inside), 18" KMC Addict wheels, Zenith Autosport (Thailand) rear wing. I haven't come across another Nav with this wing, and I'd like to keep it that way, to be honest...
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:46 am

Do you have motorways over there mate.

navara1
Expert
Expert

: :

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:26 am

navara1 wrote:Do you have motorways over there mate.
Not in the European sense, as in dual carriageways.

Mostly two lane roads, though they can be up to 200 miles long. I do a 350mile roundtrip once a week to a bordertown for work, at around 65-70mph cruising speed. I'd say that it's comparable to Australian outback, except that the roads cut through the amazon rainforest, in this case.
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

I see mate, the reason I was asking was that over here we have 3 lane's and very busy traffic. I see your neat air vent catch in the wing for your apollo. Now when it rains here and there is lots of traffic/ wagons mainly there is a fine mist stroke fog/spray cloud Witch would kill the air flow/ mass meter. So in affect mass power loss. Until it dried put it would be like limp mode witch got worse as you keeped going. Rain is fine not a problem but the spray is a killer for power as it can not breath right.
If the roads are not like ours than it will not be a problem. I had mine front facing at the side off the intercooler with my hose. So it was ramed with air, what a big differance that made to the sound and power. All for the best like.

navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 am

Good observation Lee,
indeed, passing traffic is sporadic, and all oncoming passing is on the vehicle's righthand side, away from the intake. Heavy rain by itself is no problem for the intake; i've already done the 350mile roundtrip in a fairly continous tropical rainstorm. But, i've also drilled a small drainhole in the lowest part of the Apollo coneshield (before the filter), to let out collected moisture.

Finally, and you wouldn't guess this by looking at the pics, the Apollo's intake sits above the intake in the bodywork entirely. Which makes for another "decanting" zone, before air enters into the Apollo bellmouth.

I looked at those ram-air intakes on sportbikes before this mod, these bikes all have a decanting chamber with a drainhole between the air intake and the filter element as well.

Oh, and the performance increase is very noticable (+10% on the DTE-PDI and +4 clicks on the RacePro chip without any extra smoke). I had the intake shielded from the enginebay, by the way.

I decided not to with your option of a forward facing intake because of the size of my upcoming intercooler, for which I will have to move the A/C condenser a bit (to where the intake would go).

Last edited by bluenavara on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:54 am

Mate your nav looks the mutts nuts, i really like your wheels and rear wing!
Liam
Distinguished User
Distinguished User

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:09 pm

I've had a box made from witch has a flap in witch can cut off the forced front air and go back in to the wing. The mad thing is there is a sound change and you notice the serge. I didn't have to move my condenser at all. Twice the size in the volume and pressure it can take. But like the tardis in doctor who it looks not much bigger than standard. Fitted on same brackets very easy to fit. Just had to drill the boost sensor in to it. I'm also running 2 boost gauges as well 1 from the boost pipe and 1 from the inlet manifold. I'm Reading 22psi on both clocks. Very stable. The big turbo set up is all here now, the thing is my life starts to be busy from the next 2 weeks for the rest of the year. I don't what to pay anyone else to do it has it's my little project. Just need to find the time.
The spoiler looks really neat, I have seen one over here but it was on a D22 not the D40.

navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:45 am

navara1 wrote:The big turbo set up is all here now. I don't what to pay anyone else to do it has it's my little project. Just need to find the time.
Same thing here, basically!!
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 am

navara1 wrote:Fitted on same brackets very easy to fit. Just had to drill the boost sensor in to it. I'm also running 2 boost gauges as well 1 from the boost pipe and 1 from the inlet manifold.
I was still up in the air on the issue of fitting the boost sensor to the IC endtank, or simply on the boostpipe, as with the boostgauge...
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:19 am

I just did like for like from intercooler to intercooler with the sensor. The twin boost gauge was to see how much boost was lost from one side to the other. Thing is I have no boost loss at all but once I move up in the turbo fit out thing might change. But I can keep a eye on the little lot. But up to press I still can not get any engine check lights or codes on my nav, and I/we have push the limits a lot. Strong engine the D40 I missed a gear at 90 mph in 4th to 3rd and it still runs sweet. Not something I would like or anyone else to do agian Lol.

navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36 am

I'll probably just put the sensor on the coldside boostpipe. I assumed that Nissan put the boost sensor on the endtank because they wanted the sensor before the egr. (And because the OEM coldside boostpipe is flexible, threading that pipe wasn't an option). Otherwise such a sensor usually sits on the manifold.
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 am

I just put mine in the same place as stock mate no fault codes or problems.

navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 am

Very nice Serge, i like the look, i must say i've never seen that rear spoiler before, nice Cool Pics

Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:38 am

The friendly local Isuzu dealer, who also represents CarryBoy Thailand, was kind enough to ship one of these wings for me!
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 am

Awesome Cool

Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Zenith makes every conceivable exterior dress-up part plus more chrome bits than you can imagine. A lot of their parts are not my cup of tea though......A case of pimpage-overdose.........
Seriously chromy bits
Zenith exterior parts1
Zenith exterior parts2
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Serge your Dee Forty is powered by half a 5L V8. Lol.

That would be a very big engine but just think of the power it would shove out.

navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Holy Moly, thats some bling Shocked they used to make awesome wheels grin

Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 pm

navara1 wrote:Serge your Dee Forty is powered by half a 5L V8. Lol.
That would be a very big engine but just think of the power it would shove out.
The 5.6 L V8 (316hp) is an option in the US model Pathfinder! So our trucks can take it! The problem is that the rear suspension on the Pathy is so different that the swap is fairly complicated. Actually i'm continuing to research this though..... I haven't given up yet..
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 am

I put a 4L V6 out of pathfinder a year ago in a nav. Sold it to my young brother. My plan was to supercharge to 400+ hp. Work killed my time and he wanted it. Over here I can get a Titan new for £28k now that entersy head alot. Then start adding bolt ons.

navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenavara on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 am

navara1 wrote:The big turbo set up is all here now.

Hi Lee, what turbo did you settle on? Holset Hx32 or Hx35?

Mine's a Garrett/Tial GT2860RS (but I think you knew that already...).
bluenavara

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyb on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:13 pm

That's one nice looking truck you have, I have to say I like the colour!!

dannyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top